Thank you for your interest in participating in the 5th Annual Greenville Downtown Holiday Happenings. This event is an effort orchestrated by various business owners throughout the city of Greenville to promote holiday shopping and increase exposure to our wonderful downtown. In an effort to create a festive, inviting atmosphere, we are seeking musicians and other artists to perform in various areas of the city throughout this three-day event.
Things you need to know:
- Event Dates: Friday, December 8th – Sunday, December 10th
- Though a finalized schedule has not been completed, tentatively the schedule consists of 1 hour time slots with 30 minutes between performances.
- Friday, Dec. 8th – 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 9th – 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Sunday, Dec. 10th – 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Business sponsorship’s are still being accepted, so the exact rates & scale of compensation will be determined as soon as possible.
- Acts may accept tips during the performance.
- The sale of items such as CDs or photographs is not permitted during the event. You may give out business cards or other free promotional materials.
- Arrive a few minutes prior to performance time. There will be an A-frame event sign designating the location for your performance. If your setup is fairly involved we encourage you to visit your designated performance area prior to the event.
- Please dress appropriately to best reflect the Holiday Season and the weather conditions.
- This is a Christmas event. All music must be Christmas/Holiday related and family friendly. You are representing the Greenville Community and downtown businesses. Any musicians performing non-holiday music will be asked to stop and therefore may forfeit their sponsorship compensation.
- There are designated areas for performing, and printed schedules of events will be published in many locations. Once assigned, only perform in your designated area. Any group not performing in their designated location for the full amount of performance time will forfeit their sponsorship compensation.
- This is a rain or shine event. If there is inclement weather, contact Nathan Stouffer (contact info below) for specific instructions about alternate performance locations or possible cancelations.
- Groups are responsible for all set up and clean up. Tents are not permitted unless already provided.
- Stages & lighting will not be provided but may be used if prior authorization is received.
- A representative will be required to attend one of two informational meetings a couple weeks before the event. Specific dates have yet to be determined.
- Contact for performing information: Nathan Stouffer, Port City Java: firstname.lastname@example.org cell 864 -270-5107
Return the application via email or hard copy to Nathan Stouffer
No later than Monday, October 2nd, 2017.